This year, the PJC Learning Center will be supporting the Ethiopian-Jewish community in a whole-school fundraiser. We will be raising money for Limudiah, an after-school program of intensive education for Ethiopian children in Israel.
PJC's Wish Lis
- $18 Lunch for 1 Limudiah class of 8 children for a day
- $36 Books for 2 children for a year in Lumudiah
- $72 Limudiah and lunch for 1 child for 2 weeks
- $180 Field trips and special activities for 1 class
- $350 sponsors my high school student for 1 year
- $700 sponsors my high school student for 2 years
- $1,050 sponsors my high school student for 3 years
- $1,400 1 child for 1 year in Limudiah
The Pelham Jewish Center feels strongly connected to Graenum Berger (z”l), and his legacy of commitment to support the Ethiopian-Jewish community. He was a founding member of the Pelham Jewish Center. Ethiopian Jews call themselves Beta Israel which means the House of Israel. At the Learning Center we believe that “Kol Israel Arevim Ze-la-ze- all the Jews are responsible for each other”, as Graenum Berger did. This year, the PJC Learning Center will be supporting the Ethiopian-Jewish community in a whole-school fundraiser. We will be raising money for Limudiah, an after-school program of intensive education for Ethiopian children in Israel.
From Sukkot to Hannukkah, Kitot Gimmel and Dalet will be heading the project. From Hannukkah to Purim, Kitot Hei and Vav and from Purim to Pessach, Kitah Zayin- the B’nei Mitzvah class. Many of our B’nei Mitzvah will also be doing individual mitzvah projects to support the Ethiopian Jewish Community in Israel.
Kitot Gimmel and Dalet plan on raising money by creating cards with themes from Ethiopian-Jewish life. They feel that Limudiah is especially important because it provides school lunches to starving Ethiopian-Israeli students. Without food, these children cannot do their best in school. [We are hoping to raise $300.]