Bar/Bat Mitzvah Twinning Program
The NACOEJ Bar/Bat Mitzvah Twinning Program provides a terrific opportunity for Jewish youth to get to know, and help, their Ethiopian-Israeli peers.
As a Twin you will receive:
- A certificate sent to your rabbi before the event
- The name, photo and bio of your Twin
- If you visit Israel, arrangements can be made so you can visit your twin
Your twin will receive:
- A gift to his/her school in Israel to help buy essential supplies such as books (textbooks and reading), computers, and other educational materials. Classes may enjoy a class trip, and have a group Bar/ Bat Mitzvah party!
- Letters you send your twin
How the program works:
CLICK HERE to download the application.
Please fill it out and send it along with $280 donation at least two months prior to your Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
Other Ways You Can Expand This Mitzvah Project
Many American “Twins” may decide to take on a Mitzvah Project as an element of their Bar/ Bat Mitzvah. NACOEJ can help you plan meaningful tzedakah projects.
CLICK HERE to visit our MITZVAH PROJECT page for great Bar/Bat Mitzvah ideas!
For more information on Twinning, please contact Miriam Weissman at (212) 233-5200 ext. 222 or email email@example.com.
For more information on Mitzvah Projects, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 233-5200 ext. 227.